My experience during my first round of the Whole30 Program turned the better half and I into kale snobs while cooking like no other. Needless to say, some tasty recipes came to fruition because of it. Two variations of kale salads were our Whole30 champions throughout days 7-26.
They’re both hearty and delicious. Whether you are doing Whole30 or not they are a must try! Both are quick and easy to put together especially on a busy schedule. I have the luxury of living about 3 minutes from work and was able to put it together during lunch one day.
If you’re on the go, stop by the Whole Foods Grab and Go counter they have a similar cranberry-pine nut one which is where I got the idea on day 6. Note to self: don’t go grocery shopping while hangry and on Whole30.
What healthy recipes have you come up with recently? I can’t have enough 🙂
- 2 cups kale roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- S&P to taste
- Dash of chipotle powder (optional, but recommended)
- Toss kale, red onion, brussel sprouts, 1/4 of pine nuts and cranberries in a bowl. Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, S&P and chipotle powder. Serve and top with more pine nuts.
- This salad will keep for a couple days in your refrigerator. The longer it sits in the dressing the tastier it gets.